Do you want to be part of a team that aspires to improve the quality of life for others? Are you interested in efficient manufacturing processes that promote sustainability? Do you feel a sense of accomplishment in a job well done? At Carpenter Co., we challenge our employees to learn from and inspire one another – all levels of the company collaborate, communicate and constantly improve to achieve shared success. If that sounds like an environment in which you will thrive, Carpenter Co. could be a great fit for you!
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Material Handler for 1st shift at our Conover, NC manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for assembling and adhering individual foam components into fabricated products (mattresses).
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. As the successful candidate, you will be expected to Interact and communicate directly with your line coordinator, supervisor, and coworkers. Work in normal production environment with exposure to temperature changes and glue fumes. Major challenges involve the proper assembly of parts into a finished product that conforms to customer specifications.
Your additional responsibilities as Material Handler will include:
- Receive and understand instructions from Laminating Mattress supervisor.
- Follow work instructions to assure proper construction of mattresses.
- Adhere to established glue line production procedures.
- Assemble using specified gluing procedures, components into product according to customer requirements.
- Place finished product onto conveyor for next step in production or shipping process.
- Insert mattress core into cover, regulate foam into corners and edges to provide a plush fit.
- Apply required labels.
- Cover, box, and seal finished product and apply proper labels.
- Clean gluing equipment and perform appropriate scheduled maintenance.
- Know, understand, and follow all department specific safety procedures and rules.
Skills and Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Some previous manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Forklift experience is preferred.
- Operate machinery safely in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have basic reading, writing and math skills.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays and call-in with little notice.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
Pay rate: $18.35/hr to $18.89/hr
Shift Hours: Monday through Friday 6:00am - 2:30pm, Schedules may vary in length.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Pay: $18.35 to $18.89/hour
Job Status: Full Time