Do you want to be part of a team that aspires to improve the quality of life for others? Are you interested in efficient manufacturing processes that promote sustainability? Do you feel a sense of accomplishment in a job well done? At Carpenter Co., we challenge our employees to learn from and inspire one another – all levels of the company collaborate, communicate and constantly improve to achieve shared success. If that sounds like an environment in which you will thrive, Carpenter Co. could be a great fit for you!
Carpenter Co has immediate opening for a 1st shift Operator B at our EPS Triad North Carolina manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of specific equipment to produce usable product to be used by internal customer for the manufacture of finished products for external customers using a daily production schedule and product specifications. This position works in a normal production/maintenance environment with exposure to temperature changes and loud noise.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. As the successful candidate, you will be expected to maintain daily communications with Department Manager, Quality Control, and all other employees in the department. The position must be forklift certified. Must have the ability to operate and maintain the equipment.
Your additional responsibilities as an Operator B will include:
- Ensures that all equipment on the production line are operating properly on a daily basis.
- Must constantly communicate with all the other employees to make sure the processes are followed at each process operation.
- Must have the knowledge to set proper settings on all the controls.
- Maintains a clean working environment.
- Must pass a audio metric and pulmonary test on an annual basis.
- Assists with preventative maintenance.
- Must be forklift certified.
- Monitors machine gauges to ensure optimum efficiency.
- Assists with inventory, as required.
- Makes sure the department is clean and orderly.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Skills and requirements
- Prior Forklift experience
- Basic computer knowledge
- Basic reading, writing and math skills
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime
- 1+ year of prior machine operation experience is necessary.
- Must understand the company safe stacking policy and restricted area policy. Must pass an audio-metric hearing test on an annual basis. Must have basic reading, writing and math skills.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, overtime, weekends, holidays, and call-ins with little notice.
- Must pass an audio-metric on an annual basis.
Pay depends on qualifications and experience. The Operator B hourly rate starts at $16.68 per hour.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time