Operator B (Machine Operator) 2nd Shift, Riverside CA
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for an Operator B (machine operator) in our Bedding Department on 2nd shift at our Riverside, California foam manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for the safe operation of a specific piece of equipment used to manufacture components and finished products for internal and external customers as defined by a daily production schedule.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to maintains daily communication with department manager, supervisor and other employees in the department. This position works in a normal manufacturing environment with exposure to temperature changes. This position must produce product with varying cutting instructions based on production requirements.
- Must maintain a neat, orderly, and safe work environment.
- Performs cutting operations according to internal and external customer specifications.
- Records pertinent data into the SAP system.
- Conducts quality checks of all material to meet customer specifications.
- Follows work instructions to maintain requirements.
- Must adjust cutting requirements to maintain efficiency.
- Must make sure all finished product is labeled correctly.
- Assists with inventory, as required.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree
- Must have the ability to read and interpret a tape measure.
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime.
- Must have basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Must be able to use computerized equipment in day to day operations and have computer knowledge.
- Must have experience with forklift.
- One year manufacturing experience
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time