Operator B - Machine Operator, Bedding- 1st Shift
Operator B - Machine Operator and Forklift - Rolls Manufacturing - Temple, TX - 1st Shift Start time 7:00am with overtime as needed to complete the work for the day.
Responsible for the efficient and safe transporting of unfinished and/or finished product or material for internal or external customers to specific locations for manufacturing, storing, or unloading to achieve the necessary results to meet a production schedule and/or shipping schedule.
Works in a production/warehouse environment taking finished or unfinished foam products to a warehouse or production location for finishing products for external customers. Position requires daily communication between operator, management, and all other employees in the department. Operates a forklift in congested confined area where other forklifts are operating and other employees are working and walking.
May also be responsible for the safe operation of a specific piece of equipment used to manufacturer components and/or finished products for internal and external customers as defined by a daily production schedule. This would require daily communication with Quality Control, Department Manager, and department personnel to make sure that the needs of all internal and external customers through scheduled operations. The position works in a normal manufacturing environment with exposure to temperature changes and loud noise. Major challenges include the ability to produce product based on internal and external customers demands and specifications.
- Maintain a neat, orderly, and safe work environment.
- Recharge forklift batteries or propane tanks, as instructed.
- Understanding of the Carpenter Company Safe Stacking Policy and recognition of Prohibited and Restricted area requirements.
- Must operate a forklift in compliance with all safety rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Skills / Requirements
- Able to lift and or shift between 35 to 50 pounds
- Must be able to drive a forklift in reverse transporting finished and/or unfinished product to a specific location.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time