Operator B - Day Shift
Responsible for the efficient and safe transporting of unfinished and/or finished product or material for internal or external customers to specific locations for manufacturing, storing, or unloading to achieve the necessary results to meet a production schedule and/or shipping schedule.
Works in a production/warehouse environment taking finished or unfinished foam products to a warehouse or production location for finishing products for external customers. Position requires daily communication between operator, management, and all other employees in the department. Operates a forklift in congested confined area where other forklifts are operating and other employees are working and walking.
May also be responsible for the safe operation of a specific piece of equipment used to manufacturer components and/or finished products for internal and external customers as defined by a daily production schedule. This would require daily communication with Quality Control, Department Manager, and department personnel to make sure that the needs of all internal and external customers through scheduled operations. The position works in a normal manufacturing environment with exposure to temperature changes and loud noise. Major challenges include the ability to produce product based on internal and external customers demands and specifications.
Other responsibilities include:
- Maintain a neat, orderly, and safe work environment.
- Recharge forklift batteries or propane tanks, as instructed.
- Understanding of the Carpenter Company Safe Stacking Policy and recognition of Prohibited and Restricted area requirements.
- Must be able to drive a forklift in reverse transporting finished and/or unfinished product to a specific location.
- Must operate a forklift in compliance with all safety rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Job Status: Full Time