Operator B - Bed Toppers - Forklift/Clamp-lift
Operator B - Forklift/Clamp-lift - Bed Toppers - Temple, TX - 1st Shift 7:00 am Start time with overtime as needed to complete the work for the day.
Responsible for the efficient and safe transporting via forklift/clamp-lift of unfinished and/or finished product or material for internal or external customers to specific locations for manufacturing, storing, or unloading to achieve the necessary results to meet a production schedule and/or shipping schedule.
Works in a production/warehouse environment taking finished or unfinished foam products to a warehouse or production location for finishing products for external customers. Position requires daily communication between operator, management, and all other employees in the department. Operates a forklift/clamp-lift in congested confined area where other forklifts/clamp-lifts are operating and other employees are working and walking.
The position works in a normal manufacturing environment with exposure to temperature changes and loud noise. Overtime may be required each day to complete the work scheduled for the day.
Skills / Requirements
Other responsibilities include:
- Maintain a neat, orderly, and safe work environment.
- Recharge forklift batteries or propane tanks, as instructed.
- Understanding of the Carpenter Company Safe Stacking Policy and recognition of Prohibited and Restricted area requirements.
- Must be able to drive a forklift in reverse transporting finished and/or unfinished product to a specific location.
- Must operate a forklift in compliance with all safety rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Pay: $15.92 to $16.44/hour
Job Status: Full Time