Operator A (Machine Operator) Riverside, CA
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a 2nd Shift Operator A in our Peeled Goods Department at our Riverside, CA manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of specific equipment to produce useable product for the manufacture of finished products for external customers.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate must have ongoing communication with department Manager and other employees in the department to ensure the needs of all internal and external customers as outlined by the production schedule are met. The position works in a normal manufacturing environment with exposure to temperature changes.
Additional responsibilities of Operator A will include:
- Must be able to read and complete the labeling process
- Maintain a neat, orderly, and safe working environment
- Must be able to operate the machinery proficiently according to customer specifications and the daily production schedule
- Conducts quality checks to ensure product meets all specifications
- Monitors the equipment to make sure downtime is kept to a minimum
- Inputs pertinent data into the SAP system
- Must be forklift certified
- Must be able to make machine adjustment when necessary
- Assist with inventory
Skills and Requirements
- Must be able to read and interpret a tape measure.
- Basic computer knowledge and ability to use computerized equipment in daily operations
- Basic reading, writing and math skills
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime
- Forklift certified
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time