Carpenter Co. is known far and wide as one of the most successful and innovative companies in the world. Since our founding in 1948, we have developed a corporate culture that has helped revolutionize the comfort cushioning industry.
Today, with over 5,000 employees, 18 product divisions, 47 global locations and $1.6 billion in sales, we manufacture more comfort cushioning products than any other company. We lead our industry in research and development, product innovation, and environmental stewardship. And we're always in the market for people with new ideas and fresh innovative thinking.
Thanks to our commitment to continuous improvement, the opportunities for you are virtually unlimited. Explore our site. Examine our products. Get to know our culture, our benefits and our values.
Carpenter Co. has a great opportunity available for an Operations Trainee located at our Manufacturing Plant in Richmond, VA. This opportunity will allow you to learn our business, manufacturing processes, and skills necessary to develop into a Manager or Supervisor role.
This position is a great way to start a professional career with an opportunity to develop into a Manager within our company. In this position you will become familiar with processes, machinery, and supervision of manufacturing procedures. The position works with the Plant Manager and will assist in the operation, management, and supervision of the departments. In addition to supervisory responsibilities, quality, reporting, and scheduling will also be a challenging part of this job. Individuals who have started in this position have moved into management positions.
- Bachelor's degree in a Business or Manufacturing/Industrial related discipline is preferred
- Must have prior management and/or supervisory experience
- 2+ years of experience in manufacturing or production facilities is preferred
- Ability to work successfully in an autonomous environment
- Capability to work under just-in-time and lean manufacturing theories
- Great organization skills
- Leadership potential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and be willing to work as a team member in a “hands-on" production environment
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time