Carpenter Co. has a great opportunity available for an Operations Trainee. This opportunity will allow you to learn our business, manufacturing processes, and skills necessary to develop into a Management role. This entry level position is a great way to start a professional career in the exciting and growing manufacturing industry.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. Our Fogelsville Facility employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
- Become familiar with processes, machinery, and supervision of manufacturing procedures.
- Work with the Plant Manager to assist in the operation, management, and supervision of various departments.
- Quality, reporting, and scheduling will also be a challenging part of this job.
- Individuals who have started in this position have moved into management positions.
- Bachelor's degree in a Business, Chemical or Manufacturing/Industrial field is required
- Major in: Business Mgmt., Organizational Leadership or Engineering a plus
- 1 - 3 years of experience in manufacturing or production facilities
- Ability to work successfully in an autonomous environment
- Capability to work under just-in-time and lean manufacturing theories
- Great organization skills
- Leadership potential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and be willing to work as a team member in a “hands-on" production environment
Hours: Typically 6 AM to 3 or 5 PM plus occasional weekend/Saturday work
Employment Type: Full-Time
Exemption: Salaried Exempt
Job Type: Supervision/Operations Trainee
Manages Others: Not initially, but upon promotion to management position
Industry: Manufacturing, Chemical, Consumer Products
Required Travel: Minimal
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Drug testing required.