Carpenter Co. has a great opportunity available for an Operations Trainee located at our Manufacturing Division in Elkhart, IN. This opportunity will directly support our Plant Manager in all aspects of the plant environment, while training to perform management duties within the plant, and developing toward greater promotional opportunities.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The Operations Trainee will be expected to shadow other managers and gain department management experience throughout the Elkhart plant.
This position will assist the Plant Manager and Division Manager in the daily operations of the plant in order to learn and acquire competencies necessary for future department leadership opportunities.
Become familiar with processes, machinery, and supervision of manufacturing procedures.
- Work with the Plant Manager to assist in the operation, management, and supervision of various departments.
- Quality, reporting, and scheduling.
- Manage all of the department personnel and assets and generate a profit.
- Identify and develop capable people with the talent to contribute to the company.
- Manage and maintain a safe operation as per all company standards and guidelines.
- Establish and maintain a level of quality consistent with customer expectations using Kaizen continuous improvement methods.
- Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
- Reviews production/operating reports, resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent delays.
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Approve daily production schedules and plan future production requirements.
- Ensure the adherence to the daily agenda, monitor and adjust as require.
- Review and approve all department personnel time records on a weekly and/or bi-weekly basis.
- Ensure company policy is being communicated and adhered to.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a Business, Chemical, Engineering or Manufacturing/Industrial field is required
- Prior history of successful accomplishments in work experience and/or projects
- Prior supervisory experience is a plus
- Willingness to work as a team member in a “hands-on" production environment
- Ability to work successfully in an autonomous environment
- Capability to work under just-in-time and lean manufacturing theories
- Willingness and ability to travel when necessary
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Hours: Typically 6 AM to 3 PM plus occasional weekend/Saturday work
Employment Type: Full-Time
Exemption: Salaried Exempt
Job Type: Supervision/Operations Trainee
Manages Others: Not initially, but indirectly supervises others during training, and directly upon promotion to management position
Industry: Manufacturing, Chemical, Consumer Products
Required Travel: Sporadic during training
Job Status: Full Time