Occupational Health and Safety Manager
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for an Occupational Health & Safety Manager at our Richmond, VA manufacturing plant. This position will collect data on, analyze, and design improvements to work environments and procedures. This position has regular/daily communications with other Departments within the Plant and Corporate. This position will collaborate with other safety and health employees and reports to the Plant Manager with a dotted line report to the Safety & Health Director.
- Manage OSHA logs.
- Coordination and administration of day to day safety programs
- Analysis of facility procedures, process equipment and chemical properties to identify and proactively respond to potential hazards
- Development of a working knowledge of facility procedures and operations, such that proposed changes could affect the health and safety of employees may be critically reviewed.
- Written safety policy development, implementation and administration.
- Administration of safety audits, inspection procedures and records.
- Enforcement of facility safety rules and administration of disciplinary procedures for safety violations, as necessary.
- Lead incident Investigation teams and issue written reports on accidents or near misses.
- Develop and modify, as necessary, short and long-term plans for the continuous improvement of the facility safety program.
- Assume leadership role in the development, implementation and administration of safety programs.
- Interpret corporate safety policies and governmental regulations as they apply to the facility.
- Conduct safety orientation for newly hired employee and maintain safety training with current employees.
- Manage the Workers' Compensation Program including reporting, claim administration with adjuster and documentation; partner with key players.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Drug Testing Required.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or other related field.
- A minimum of three (3) years of safety management.
- Ability to interact well with all levels of the organization and maintain strong relationships with team members, peers, and internal customers.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both oral and written.
- Direct experience with employee safety compliance, OSHA standards, safety management, industrial hygiene, electrical safety, chemical management and ergonomics.
- Functional knowledge of Federal and State Safety/Health Laws (e.g. OSHA).
Job Status: Full Time