Network Administrator, WAN/LAN
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for an onsite Network Administrator at the corporate office in Richmond, VA. The Network Administrator will report to the Global IT Systems Manager and will be responsible for managing and monitoring the global network WAN, VPN’s, and corporate & plant LANs to ensure optimal performance, reliability, and data security. This position communicates with customers, co-workers, company management, and employees to establish and maintain the Company network infrastructure and access to the network.
- Configure routers, switches, and other network equipment
- Install and connect network devices
- Maintain and deploy IOS updates as needed
- Manage domain registrations
- Provide network support to local IT managers
- Manage the collection and reporting of network usage
- Manage firewall configurations
- Manage vendor relationship with WAN and other network service providers
- Monitor network security
- Recommend network security best practices and implement when approved
Skills / Requirements
Expert knowledge of networking technology and concepts
Experience with Cisco Meraki Switches, Meraki Firewalls a plus
Experience with the configuration of Routers, to include IP addressing, routing and Access Control Lists
- Experience with the configuration of managed switches including VLANs
Experience with network monitoring tools
Experience with SIP, voice, telephony and VOIP systems
- Travel (10%-15%) to assist IT support at remote Carpenter facilities when needed
Excellent Comprehensive Benefit Plan
- We also have 401K, Profit Sharing and a great Benefit Package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and paid time off (Vacation and Holidays).
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time