Carpenter Co. is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our growing engineering team at our Reinhart Technical Center in Richmond, VA. This is a great opportunity to join a thriving organization committed to operational excellence that offers stability, excellent benefits and a place to learn and grow professionally.
The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for hands on mechanical engineering across Domestic and International Divisions. Work autonomously on projects assigned by the VP of Engineering which will require excellent communication with division management and may require interaction with outside contractors and vendors.
- Oversees and coordinates machine design, procurement and fabrication of new equipment across Domestic and International divisions
- Process improvement analysis and implementation to include upgrading existing production lines
- Oversee replacement and repair of boilers/steam generators, chillers, air compressors and other equipment as needed
- Provide technical support to division management and maintenance as needed
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of manufacturing facility experience is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of machine design experience
- Experience with design programs such as Solidworks and AutoCAD
- Pneumatics and Hydraulics experience with a basic understanding of machine control is preferred
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.