Carpenter Co. has an opening for a Mechanical Engineer at our Reinhart Technical Center in Richmond, Virginia. This position will be a part of our Engineering team and will report directly to the VP of Engineering.
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for overseeing and coordinating design, procurement, and fabrication of new equipment, as well as, upgrading existing production lines. The successful candidate would also need some experience supporting industrial sites including replacing and repairing boilers/steam generators, chillers and air compressors.
This position includes responsibility for machine design, technical support, and process improvement for our manufacturing plants in North America and Europe. The position requires a very hands-on approach and strong problem solving abilities. To successfully carry out the job functions the availability to travel up to 50% is required. This position will involve direct contact and support with our vendors and our manufacturing facilities which will require excellent communication and record keeping skills.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 10+ years of manufacturing facility experience is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of machine design experience
- Experience with design programs such as Solidworks and AutoCAD
- Pneumatics and Hydraulics experience with a basic understanding of machine control is preferred
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time