Mattress Material Handler
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Mattress Coordinator in our Laminated Mattress Department on 1st shift [6am start time] at our Elkhart, Indiana foam manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for producing specific products(s) for external customers in an efficient, safe and productive environment meeting the demands established by a daily production schedule and customers specifications. This position will make sure that the assembly line(s) have all of the material staged for proper mattress assembly.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain daily communication with Quality Control, Department Manager and other employees in the department to make sure that all products being manufactured will meet the requirements and specifications of the customer. This position will also involve learning the many varieties of mattress manufactured by this department.
Additional Responsibilities of the Mattress Coordinator:
- Responsible to learn the kitting area which includes the following: Driving Forklift, Stacking foam, staging foam for the assembly line(s).
- Will learn all foam types and the recipe for each type of mattress.
- Assist with monthly inventory as needed.
- Operates foam slitter machine.
- Enters dimensions into control panel and sets other machine parameters.
- Verifies proper machine operations and checks output accuracy.
- Operates baler and ties bales.
- Cross train to learn how to run each kind of mattress.
- Will fully understand the quality standards as prescribed by management and ensure correct procedures and the quality of products being produced.
- Maintain a neat, orderly and safe work environment.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree preferred.
- 1+ years manufacturing experience
- 1+ years of assembly experience preferred.
- Must be able to use computerized equipment in day to day operations and have computer knowledge.
- Ability to read and interpret a tape measure.
- Must be able to lift materials weighing up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate a forklift.
- Ability to read the production schedule.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Shift Hours: 6am start time
Job Status: Full Time