Mattress Line Worker
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Mattress Line Worker in our Laminated Mattress Department on 1st shift [5:45am start time] at our Elkhart, Indiana foam manufacturing plant. this position is responsible for producing specific products(s) for external customers in an efficient, safe and productive environment meeting the demands established by a daily production schedule and customers specifications.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain daily communication with Quality Control, Department Manager and other employees in the department to make sure that all products being manufactured will meet the requirements and specifications of the customer. This position will also involve learning the many varieties of mattress manufactured by this department.
Additional Responsibilities of the Mattress Line Worker:
- Must be able to read and understand the labeling process.
- Must maintain a neat, orderly, and safe work environment.
- Must learn the different types of mattresses produced and the configuration of each.
- Must be able to box, label & package mattresses per customer specifications.
- Must be able to build mattresses in an efficient manner.
- Must be able to she the scanner and read the production schedule.
- Must be able to feed toppers through the laminator, operate the sock closer and banding machine..
- Must fully understand quality standards as prescribed by management.
- May need to be able to maneuver and team lift materials and finished products weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to use hand scanner and read the daily production schedule.
- Must maintain Value of Order and organize the storage areas.
- Will assist with monthly inventory, as required.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree preferred.
- One year manufacturing experience
- One year of assembly experience preferred.
- Must be able to use computerized equipment in day to day operations and have computer knowledge.
- Must be able to team lift mattresses up to 100 pounds the entire production shift.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug tests on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Shift Hours: :5:45am start (work 8 - 10 hours per shift, depending on production schedule)
Job Status: Full Time