Material Handlers (Taylorsville, NC)
Carpenter Co. has two immediate openings for Material Handlers (1st and 2nd shifts) at our Taylorsville, NC location. This position is responsible for efficiently and safely handling unfinished and/or finished product or material to ensure an orderly flow of raw materials and finished goods.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining best in class quality standards. The successful candidate will be able to communicate with department supervisors, department operators, and production personnel on a daily basis, and maintain a well organized work area that is safely stacked and properly labeled to achieve the necessary results to meet production and shipping schedules.
- Receive finished product at the end of the line.
- Inspect finished goods prior to passing on to the next process.
- Place correct stickers on each piece.
- Bundle like pieces and tie together.
- Read and follow route slips and daily schedules
- Complete all required paperwork correctly and accurately
- Assist with other areas of the production area as needed.
Skills and Requirements:
- Major duties and responsibilities of the job can be satisfactorily performed with a high school diploma or GED
- Must have basic reading, writing, and math skills
- Ability to work in a continuous fast- paced environment with attention to detail
- Ability to lift and maneuver up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with others
On the job training is provided.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Shift Hours: 6:00a - 14:30p, Schedules may vary in length.
No phone calls or agencies please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Pay: $14.60 to $15.35/hour
Job Status: Full Time