Do you want to be part of a team that aspires to improve the quality of life for others? Are you interested in efficient manufacturing processes that promote sustainability? Do you feel a sense of accomplishment in a job well done? At Carpenter Co., we challenge our employees to learn from and inspire one another – all levels of the company collaborate, communicate and constantly improve to achieve shared success. If that sounds like an environment in which you will thrive, Carpenter Co. could be a great fit for you!
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Backfiller on 3rd shift at our Longview, NC manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for filling pillows / cushion ticks (covers) with natural feather, down or polyester fiber products. Lifting on a repetitive basis is required with this position.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. As the successful candidate, you will be expected to communicate with fellow employees and supervision on a regular basis.
Your additional responsibilities as a Backfiller will include:
- Hold tick (cover) over the port to allow the blowing of filler material into the pillow / cushion ticks.
- Weigh each filled pillow / cover on a scale to maintain quality standards based on customer specifications.
- Move the filled ticks (covers) to the end closing area to enclose the openings.
- Learn how to enclose the pillows / cushions using the enclosing (sewing) machine.
Skills and requirements:
- High school education or GED preferred
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred, but not required.
Pay: $18.35 to $18.89/hr
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Pay: $18.35 to $18.89/hour
Carpenter Co. offers $1.00 per hour shift differential for all hours worked on 3rd shift.
Job Status: Full Time