Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Material Handler in our Laminated Mattress Department on 1st shift and 2nd shift at our Riverside, California foam manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for producing specific products(s) for external customers in an efficient, safe and productive environment meeting the demands established by a daily production schedule and customers specifications.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain daily communication with Quality Control, Department Manager and other employees in the department to make sure that all products being manufactured will meet the requirements and specifications of the customer. This position will also involve learning the many varieties of mattress manufactured by this department.
Additional Responsibilities of the Material Handler:
- Must be able to read and understand the labeling process.
- Must maintain a neat, orderly, and safe work environment.
- Must learn the different types of mattresses produced and the configuration of each.
- Must be cross trained in the kitting area.
- Must fully understand quality standards as prescribed by management and ensure correct procedures and quality of mattresses.
- May need to be able to maneuver and lift materials weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to rotate as needed within the mattress department positions.
- Must maintain Value of Order and organize the storage areas.
- Will assist with monthly inventory, as required.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree
- One year manufacturing experience
- One year of assembly experience preferred.
- Must be able to use computerized equipment in day to day operations and have computer knowledge.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time