Material Handler / Warehouseman
Carpenter Co is currently seeking a detail oriented individual to join our Taylorsville, NC plant as a Material Handler / Warehouseman
Maintains foam inventory and utilizes odd sized pieces in the production process. Communicate with department supervisor, plant manager, and co-workers. Work in normal manufacturing environment with exposure to temperature changes. Major challenges of the position involves the maintaining of proper inventory levels to ensure smooth branch operation.
High school diploma or GED.
- Prior manufacturing experience required.
- On the job training is provided.
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Must have some computer experience and be able to use a computer in day to day operations.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain forklift certification.
- Pulls specified foam buns from the warehouse and places on the saw tables for use in the initial cutting process.
- Maintains ongoing foam inventory levels.
- Pulls and utilizes odd sized foam pieces, cuts to specific size, and transports to the VCC cutters.
- Takes excess odd size pieces back to warehouse and organizes according to foam grade.
- Serves as backup operator for all cutting saws.
- Forklift operations
Job Status: Full Time