Material Handler - Warehouse
Carpenter Co. has immediate opening for Material Handler (Warehouseman) at our Taylorsville, NC location on 1st shift. This position maintains foam inventory and utilizes odd sized pieces in the production process.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining best in class quality standards. The successful candidate will be able to communicate with department supervisors, department operators, and production personnel on a daily basis, and maintain proper inventory levels to ensure smooth branch operation.
- Pulls specified foam buns from the warehouse and places on saw tables for use in the initial cutting process
- Pulls and utilizes odd sized foam pieces, cuts to specific size and transports to the VCC cutters
- Takes excess odd size pieces back to warehouse and organizes according to foam grade
- Maintains ongoing foam inventory levels
- Serves as a backup operator for all cutting saws
- Other duties as deemed necessary by supervision
Skills and Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Must have basic reading, writing, and math skills
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to work in a continuous fast- paced environment with attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with others
- Must be able to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays and with little supervision
- Must be able to obtain and maintain forklift certification
- On the job training provided
- Shift Hours: Monday through Friday 6:00a - 2:30p, Schedules may vary in length.
Pay: $20.01 to $20.67
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Pay: $20.01 to $20.67/hour
Job Status: Full Time