Material Handler - Rebond - 2nd Shift
Material Handler - Rebond Pouring Mfg - Temple, TX - 2nd Shift - Start time 2:00, 3:00 or 4:00 pm depending on quantity of orders.
Responsible for the safe operation of the shredder used to shred foam to be used in the production process to produce product for internal customers to manufacture finished carpet cushion products for external customers as defined by a daily production schedule.
Responsible for the safe transport of baled foam from external transportation to storage area and from storage area to the rebond production line to be un-baled and put into production line for manufacturer of finished product.
Maintain flow of trim to shredder.
Maintain proper maintenance of forklift.
Be able to bust trim bales.
Be safety minded.
Responsible for securing all discarded band material and placing in a metal storage bin provided in the department.
The position works in a normal plant/warehouse environment with exposure to temperature changes. Operates a forklift in congested confined areas where other forklifts are operating and other employees are working and walking.
Skills / Requirements
- Ability to shift and/or move bales that weigh between 35 to 90 lbs.
- Read and interpret a tape measure.
- Basic reading, writing and math skills are required.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, overtime, weekends, holidays and call-in with little notice.
- Must be able to pass and maintain a written Carpenter Company Forklift Certification.
- Must understand the Carpenter Company Safe Stacking Policy and the Restricted Area Policy.
- Must take and pass an audiometric and Pulmonary test on a annual basis
- Must complete HAZMAT Training
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time