Carpenter Co is looking for a dedicated individual to join our Richmond, VA plant as a 2nd shift Material Handler/Loader in the Rebond department. The Material Handler is responsible for following: production schedules, conducting quality inspections, assisting with clearing jams and loading trucks using forklift.
Operate powered industrial trucks to pick up, move, or unload material in support of Rebond operations, as necessary, from production area and the loading docks.
Pull raw/finished materials from inventory/stock area.
Properly label all partial slabs for future use.
Operate a forklift in confined areas where other forklifts are operating and where employees are walking and working.
Follow the Rebond department layout plan for proper storage locations.
Able to read and completely understand the labeling process.
Carpenter Co is looking for a committed team player that takes pride in their performance. In addition, the Material Handler should have the following:
- High school diploma
- 1+ year of manufacturing experience
- Forklift experience required
- Experience working with fiber or fiber knowledge helpful
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow directions
- Ability to work at a fast pace and multitask
- Ability to troubleshoot issues
- Ability to be at work on time
- Computer Skills - Basic computer skills are essential; Preferred knowledge of SAP, but not necessary.
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic
Job Status: Full Time