Carpenter Co is looking for a dedicated individual to join our Richmond, VA plant as Material Handler/Loader in the Fiber department. The Packer/Loader is responsible for following: production schedules, conducting quality inspections, assisting with clearing jams, correctly labeling rolls and pads with shipping/stock labels, filling in on the production line when needed and loading trucks using forklift.
- Working with Lead Operator
- Ability to perform every job on the line except running the line
- Operating Winder
- Stacking/counting pads
- Ensuring material is packed correctly
- Recording weights
- Performing light maintenance including cleaning fiber from bearings, rollers and shafts.
- Performing material inventory
- Loading trucks
Carpenter Co is looking for a committed team player that takes pride in their performance. In addition, the Packer should have the following:
- High school diploma
- 1+ year of manufacturing experience
- Forklift experience required
- Experience working with fiber or fiber knowledge helpful
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow directions
- Ability to work at a fast pace and multitask
- Ability to troubleshoot issues
- Ability to be at work on time
- Computer Skills - Basic computer skills are essential; Preferred knowledge of SAP, but not necessary.
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic
Job Status: Full Time