Material Handler *forklift experience required* (2nd shift)
Carpenter Co has an immediate openings for second shift Material Handlers at our Fogelsville, Pa. location. This position is responsible for efficient and safe transportation of unfinished and/or finished product or material by use of equipment, machines, computers and paperwork. The Material Handler will have daily communication with department supervisor, department operators and production personnel involving the need to transport supplies and finished product(s) to and from the department on request. This position works in a normal manufacturing environment with exposure to temperature changes and different noise levels in the plant. Major challenges involve safely operating a forklift to stack large items and labeling finished product with speed and precision.
Operate powered industrial trucks (forklift) to pick up, move, or load material in support of EPS operations, as necessary, from production area and from the unloading docks.
- Pull raw/finished materials from inventory/stock area.
- Follow the EPS department layout plan for proper storage locations.
- Able to read and completely understand the chemical labeling process.
- Perform housekeeping on equipment and surrounding work area.
- Read and write English.
Requirements and Experience
- Major duties and responsibilities of the job can be satisfactorily performed with a high school education or GED.
- Prior experience driving a forklift is REQUIRED.
- Must have basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
Second shift: M-F, 3:30 pm - 12:00 am, with OT as needed.
No phone calls or agencies, please
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time