Material Handler (Forklift) 3rd Shift, Riverside CA
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Material Handler (Forklift) in our Backstack Department on 3rd shift at our Riverside, California foam manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for efficient and safe transporting of unfinished and/or finished product or material by use of equipment, machines, computers and paperwork.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will communicate with department supervisor, department operators and production personnel involving the need to transport supplies and finished product(s) to and from department on request. Maintain a well-organized storage area that is safely stacked and properly labeled to achieve the necessary results to meet production and shipping schedules. This position works in a normal manufacturing environment with exposure to temperature changes.
- Operate powered industrial trucks to pick up and move material in support of operations, as necessary, from production area and the warehouse.
- Pull raw/finished materials from inventory/stock area.
- Properly crush manufactured foam prior to staging.
- Operate a forklift in confined areas where other forklifts are operating and where employees are walking and working.
- Follow the Warehouse department layout plan for proper storage locations.
- Able to read and completely understand the labeling process.
- Perform housekeeping on equipment and surrounding work area.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ year prior forklift experience
- Ability to read and interpret a tape measure
- Basic computer knowledge and ability to use computerized equipment in daily operations.
- Basic reading, writing and math skills
Pay depends on qualifications and experience, but starts at $23.58 per hour.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time