Material Handler, Consumer
Carpenter Co. has immediate openings for first shift Material Handlers at our Altoona, PA, manufacturing plant.
This position is responsible for efficiently and safely handling unfinished and/or finished product or material to ensure an orderly flow of raw materials and finished goods.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining best in class quality standards. The successful candidate will be able to communicate with department supervisors, department operators, and production personnel on a daily basis, and maintain a well organized work area that is safely stacked and properly labeled to achieve the necessary results to meet production and shipping schedules.
- Receive finished product at the end of the line and place in final packaging
- Inspect finished goods prior to packaging and report any defects or flaws and ensure correction before packing
- Place correct stickers/inserts in or on boxes
- Safely and efficiently operate line equipment
- Fold and construct cardboard boxes
- Label and box packaged product and place on porta-racks or cube for shipping
- Read and follow route slips and daily schedules
- Complete all required paperwork correctly and accurately
Skills and Requirements:
- Major duties and responsibilities of the job can be satisfactorily performed with a high school diploma or GED
- Must have basic reading, writing, and math skills
- Ability to work in a continuous fast- paced environment with attention to detail
- Ability to lift and maneuver up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with others
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Pay: $13.15 to $14.73/hour
Job Status: Full Time