Material Handler (Conover, NC)
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for Material Handlers at our Conover, NC manufacturing plant on 1st and 2nd shifts. This position is responsible for then handling and transportation of materials associated with the operation of the Fiber Department.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The Material Handler will be expected to handle and transport materials utilized and produced in the Fiber and Bedding Departments; ensure materials comply with customer specifications. Some heavy lifting and physical exertion is required. This individual has daily contact and communication with all department personnel and works in a normal production facility environment.
Additional responsibilities of the Material Handler will include:
- Handle and transport materials associated with the operation (utilization and production) in the Fiber and Bedding Departments.
- Coordinate with supervision regarding the inventory counts to assure parts are prepared for current and upcoming orders.
- Packaging and shipping of fiber rolls and sheets.
- Place extra materials back into inventory.
- Maintain accurate inventory records.
- Perform quality control checks.
- Keep knitting area clean and orderly.
Skills and Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prior forklift experience is required; shipping experience preferred.
- Specific on the job training is provided.
- Some computer skills and experience needed; experience with SAP a plus.
- Basic reading, writing and math skills.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays and call-in with little notice.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristics.
Pay: $14.60 to $15.35/hour
Job Status: Full Time