Material Handler (Backfiller)
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Backfiller (cushion filler) on 3rd shift at our Longview, NC manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for filling pillows / cushion ticks (covers) with natural feather, down or polyester fiber products. Lifting on a repetitive basis is required with this position.
- Hold tick (cover) over the port to allow the blowing of filler material into the pillow / cushion ticks.
- Weigh each filled pillow / cover on a scale to maintain quality standards based on customer specifications.
- Move the filled ticks (covers) to the end closing area to enclose the openings.
- Learn how to enclose the pillows / cushions using the enclosing (sewing) machine.
Skills and requirements:
- Major duties and responsibilities of the job can be satisfactorily performed with a high school education or GED
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred, but not required.
Pay: $18.35 to $18.89/hr
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit-sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Pay: $18.35 to $18.89/hour
Carpenter Co. offers $1.00 per hour shift differential for all hours worked on 3rd shift.
Job Status: Full Time