Material Handler - 3rd Shift
Material Handler - Short Block/A-Line - Temple, TX - 3rd Shift Start time 20:00 (8:00 pm) - with overtime as needed to complete the work for the day. This is a very busy area and 12 hours days can be common.
Carpenter Company has immediate openings for a Material Handler at their Temple, TX manufacturing plant.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate with management, excel in customer service skills, and work well independently.
This position will ensure the proper safe operation of a forklift/clamplift.
Responsible for the efficient and safe transporting of unfinished and/or finished product or material for internal or external customers to specific locations for manufacturing, storing, loading or unloading to achieve the necessary results to meet a production schedule and/or shipping schedule.
Communicates with department supervisor, department operators and production personnel involving the need to transport supplies and finished product(s) to and from department on request. The position works in a normal plant/warehouse environment with exposure to temperature changes. Operates a forklift in congested confined areas where other forklifts are operating and other employees are working and walking.
- Must be able to read and completely understand the labeling process and read and write English.
- Recharge forklift batteries and propane tanks as instructed.
- Understanding the Carpenter Company safe stacking policy and recognition of prohibited and restricted area requirements.
- Operates a forklift in confined areas where other forklifts are operating and where employees are working and walking.
- Must have the ability to operate a forklift traveling in reverse hauling product to a final destination in a safe and efficient manner.
- Must have the ability to obtain a carpenter Company Forklift Certification.
- Maintain a neat, orderly, and safe work environment
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Pay: $15.16 to $15.71/hour
Job Status: Full Time