Material Handler 2nd shift Riverside, CA
Material Handler (Pouring Department)
Carpenter Co has an immediate opening for a second shift Material Handler at our Riverside, California manufacturing plant reporting to the Pouring Supervisor. This position is responsible for efficient and safe transporting of unfinished and/or finished product or material by use of equipment, machines, computers and paperwork. The Material Handler communicates with the department supervisor, department operators and production personnel involving the need to transport supplies and finished product(s) to and from department on request. This position must maintain a well-organized storage area that is safely stacked and properly labeled to achieve the necessary results to meet production and shipping schedules. This position works in a chemical manufacturing environment with exposure to chemical fumes, temperature changes and weather.
- Operate powered industrial forklifts to pick up, move, or load material in support of Pouring operations, as necessary, from production area and from the unloading docks.
- Pull raw/finished materials from inventory/stock area.
- Follow the Pouring department layout plan for proper storage locations.
- Perform housekeeping on equipment and surrounding work area.
- Inspect and maintain the cleanliness of all machinery, storage tanks, conveyors
- Manage Hazardous waste
- Painting machinery, tanks and frames
- Assist operators with end of shift duties
- Change out filters as needed
- Use a pressure washer and chemicals to clean
- Perform weekly/monthly inventory, as required by location.
Requirements and Experience
- High school education or GED.
- Prior experience in manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience driving a sit down forklift.
- Must be able to lift up to 80 lbs.
- Able to read and completely understand the chemical labeling process.
- Must have basic reading writing, and math skills.
No phone calls or agencies, please
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time