**Earn a weekly $60 bonus if you work 40 hours, or a $75 bonus if you work 50+ hours**
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for an Electrician on 1st shift at our Conover, NC location. This position is responsible for all electronic and computer components of all plant production equipment. The pay rate for this position is 23.23 to $24.31 per hour.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to be able to install, repair and maintain to ensure the machinery is operating at an optimum production level necessary to manufacture products for internal and external customers. This position also operates in a normal maintenance and manufacturing environment with exposure to temperature changes.
Additional responsibilities of the Electrical Support Technician will include:
- Advises Branch Manager and supervision of electrical/mechanical problems and suggests solutions.
- Assists in building, maintaining and repairing all electronic and computerized systems as directed by others.
- Assists in retrofit machine control systems, read, modify and create machinery electrical schematics.
- Installs, repairs and retrofits motor controllers to include all types of motor AC and DC drives and systems.
- Troubleshoots problems quickly and come up with solutions daily.
- Recognizes problems before they occur through a preventative maintenance program.
Skills / Requirements
- High school diploma or General Education Degree [GED] preferred with at least 2 years of specialty or technical training.
- Must have at least 4 years of experience in the electronic field and a minimum of 2 years working in an Industrial environment with extensive knowledge of computer systems and advanced electrical/electronics.
- Must have knowledge of programmable logic controllers to include all types of motor AC and DC drives.
- Must be highly computer literate for the maintaining of machine control systems software and upgrades.
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to earn a Carpenter Co. Forklift Certification
- Basic reading, writing and math skills
Carpenter Co conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Pay: $23.23 to $24.31/hour
Carpenter Co. also offers a weekly bonus pay in the amount of $60.00 for working 40 or more hours in the pay period. $75.00 bonus pay for working 50 or more hours in the pay period.
Job Status: Full Time