Carpenter Co. has a great opportunity available for a Management Trainee located at our Manufacturing Division in Temple, TX. This opportunity will directly support our Plant Manager in all aspects of the plant environment, while training to perform management duties within our Prime Pour Line area, and developing toward greater promotional opportunities.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The Management Trainee will be expected to shadow other managers and gain department management experience.
This position will assist the Plant Manager and Division Manager in the daily operations of the Prime Pour Line area in order to learn and acquire competencies necessary for future plant leadership opportunities.
- Receives training and performs duties in several departments such as production, operations, credit, customer relations, accounting, or sales.
- Learns line and staff functions, operations, management viewpoints, and company policies and practices that affect each phase of business.
- Sets performance goals and objectives with upper management.
- Monitors performance progress with management and key trainers.
- Observes experienced workers to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards required for performance of departmental duties.
- Receives training in functions and operations of related departments to facilitate subsequent transferability between departments and to provide greater promotional opportunities.
- Attends company-sponsored training classes
Skills / Requirements
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a Business, Chemical or Manufacturing/Industrial field
- Major in: Business Mgmt., Organizational Leadership or Engineering a plus
- 3+ years Business experience
- Ability to work successfully in an autonomous environment
- Capability to work under just-in-time and lean manufacturing theories
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time