Maintenance, Mechanic/Electrician B
Do you want to be part of a team that aspires to improve the quality of life for others? Are you interested in efficient manufacturing processes that promote sustainability? Do you feel a sense of accomplishment in a job well done? At Carpenter Co., we challenge our employees to learn from and inspire one another – all levels of the company collaborate, communicate and constantly improve to achieve shared success. If that sounds like an environment in which you will thrive, Carpenter Co. could be a great fit for you!
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Mechanic/Electrician at our Altoona, PA manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for maintaining all building machinery including troubleshooting, repairing, testing, and installing.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be in constant communication with managers and leads to coordinate production schedules with mechanical repairs. Works in a normal maintenance and manufacturing environment with exposure to temperature changes. Major challenges include working independently on very involved or complex jobs and the timeliness of job completion to keep down time to a minimum. It is highly desirable for candidates to have experience with PLC.
Additional responsibilities as a Maintenance Mechanic/Electrician will include:
- Respond to line calls as needed.
- Debug and troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, electro-mechanical, and pneumatic systems.
- Pre-check/inspect, relocate, install and/or make major mechanical repairs to machinery or equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance, as well as tearing down and rebuilding machinery/equipment.
- Evaluate and report on conditions that may be unsafe or affect efficient operation of machinery/equipment/building systems.
- Operate forklifts, clamp-lifts, genie boom, scissor lifts, and other machinery as needed.
- Perform basic electrical installation including hanging conduit, pulling wires, installing electrical devices, terminating wires, and tagging devices/wires.
- Maintain interior and exterior lighting systems.
- Read, prepare, and/or modify pneumatic, plumbing, and other piping diagrams; electrical schematics, logic diagrams, and blueprints; mechanical and construction blueprints; equipment diagrams and manuals, etc.
- Perform installation of piping systems using appropriate fitting techniques (threading, welded, soldered, etc.)
- Use advanced shop math as well as utilize a wide variety of precision instruments and devices.
- Perform various construction and carpentry tasks, including cement work, dry walling, wood work, etc.
- Weld and use cutting torches.
- Complete all required paperwork completely and accurately.
Skills and Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED.
- 2+ years technical or specialty education is preferred.
- PLC experience/education servicing programmable logic systems with Allen Bradley, Yaskawa, Yokogawa, and Siemens is HIGHLY preferred.
- 2+ years experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret a tape measure.
- Basic reading, writing, mathematical, and computer skills are essential.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit-sharing plan, and much more! Check us out at www.carpenter.com
Commensurate with Experience
Job Status: Full Time