Maintenance Mechanic / Electrician B
Do you want to be part of a team that aspires to improve the quality of life for others? Are you interested in efficient manufacturing processes that promote sustainability? Do you feel a sense of accomplishment in a job well done? At Carpenter Co., we challenge our employees to learn from and inspire one another – all levels of the company collaborate, communicate and constantly improve to achieve shared success. If that sounds like an environment in which you will thrive, Carpenter Co. could be a great fit for you!
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Mechanic / Electrician B, on 2nd shift at our Lakeland, FL manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, installing, or replacing mechanical equipment or mechanical, electrical and electro-mechanical devices and components.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to be able to install, repair and maintain to ensure the machinery is operating at an optimum production level necessary to manufacture products for internal and external customers. This position also operates in a normal maintenance and manufacturing environment with exposure to temperature changes.
Your additional responsibilities as Mechanic/ Electrician B will include:
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Assemble and disassemble equipment.
- Perform basic plumbing on machinery and/or equipment.
- Weld and use a cutting torch, plasma cutter, cut-off saw, and machine shop equipment
- Read and interpret basic machine diagrams and plant layout drawings.
- Interpret complicated drawings, using advanced shop math and handbook formulas.
- Perform preventative maintenance on assigned machinery and/or equipment.
- Recognize potential mechanical problems, plan a solution for repair, and implement the plan.
- Assist with the calibration of all in-plant electrical equipment.
- Maintain plant lighting systems, inside and outside of the building.
- Run conduit and/or initiated new electrical circuits.
- Communicate, accept input, and follow instructions from Mechanic/Electrician A or Lead Person.
Skills / Requirements
- High school or GED, with 2 to 3 years of specialty or technical training.
- Must have 1 to 3 years experience in industrial electrical systems and possess a state level license certification.
- 1-2 years of Mechanic/Electrician experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment.
- Good communication and advanced math skills.
- Ability to read and interpret a tape measure
- Ability to earn a Carpenter Co. Forklift Certification
- Must be able to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays and call-in with little notice.
- Must possess a variety of personally owned industrial/electrical hand tools.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Pay: $21.98 to $26.24/hour
Job Status: Full Time