Maintenance Mechanic B
Carpenter Co has an immediate opening for a 1st shift Mechanic B at our Riverside, CA manufacturing plant reporting to the Maintenance Manager. This position is responsible for ensuring that all machinery, equipment, delivery systems, support systems and fabrication of items essential to the manufacturing product(s) for internal and external customers is maintained and operating to meet optimum efficiency. The Mechanic B will communicate daily with Department Managers and Maintenance Manager to coordinate production schedules with mechanical repairs.
- Perform basic plumbing on machinery and/or equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Weld and use a cutting torch, plasma cutter, cut-off saw, and machine-shop equipment.
- Report conditions encountered that may affect the operation of the equipment.
- Assemble and disassemble equipment.
- Ready equipment for shipment to other locations.
- Read and interpret basic machine diagrams and plant layout drawings.
- Recognize potential mechanical problems, plan a solution for repair, and implement the plan.
- Maintain plant fire system.
- Serve on plant emergency response team.
- Communicate, accept input, and follow instructions from Mechanic A or Lead Person.
Requirements and Experience
- High school education or GED
- 2-3 years of specialty or technical training.
- 1-2 years of additional Mechanic/Electrician experience required to perform the job.
- 1-2 years experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment.
- Good communication and advanced math skills.
- Must be forklift certified.
- Ability to operate a genie boom, and scissor lift.
- Ability to read and interpret a tape measure.
- Must possess a variety of personally owned industrial/electrical hand tools.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays and call-in with little notice.
- Must have basic, reading
- Must have basic computer skills with knowledge of data entry
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time