Maintenance Mechanic B 1st & 2nd Shift
Carpenter Co has immediate openings for 1st shift Maintenance Mechanic B at our Lakeland, FL manufacturing plant. This position reports to the Maintenance Manager, and is responsible for assisting in troubleshooting, repairing, installing, and/or replacing mechanical equipment, mechanical electrical, and electro-mechanical devices and components. Maintenance Mechanics will assist in fabrication of any mechanical devices or items requiring shop skills or tools as requested. The ideal candidate will communicate continuously with department managers and employees to coordinate mechanical and electrical repairs. This position works in a normal production/maintenance environment with exposure to temperature changes. Major challenges of the position include working independently on very involved and complex jobs.
- Perform basic plumbing on machinery and/or equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment
- Weld and use a cutting torch, plasma cutter, cut-off saw, and machine-shop equipment
- Report conditions encountered that may affect the operation of the equipment
- Assemble and disassemble equipment
- Ready equipment for shipment to other locations
- Read and interpret basic machine diagrams and plant layout drawings
- Recognize potential mechanical problems, plan a solution for repair, and implement the plan.
- Maintain plant fire system
- Serve on plant emergency response team
- Communicate, accept input, and follow instructions from Mechanic A or Lead Person
- Ability to read and interpret a tape measure
- Must have fabrication experience
Requirements and Experience
- 2-3 years of specialty or technical training.
- 1-2 years of additional mechanic experience required to perform the job.
- 1-2 years of experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment.
- Good communication and advanced math skills.
- Must be forklift certified.
- Ability to operate a genie boom, and scissor lift.
- Ability to read and interpret a tape measure.
- Must possess a variety of personally owned industrial/electrical hand tools.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays and call-in with little notice.
No phone calls or agencies, please
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit-sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Lakeland Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Job Status: Full Time