Maintenance Mechanic - 1st Shift - EPS Fogelsville, PA
Carpenter Co has an immediate opening for a 1st Shift Maintenance Mechanic at our EPS Fogelsville, PA manufacturing plant. This position reports to the Maintenance Manager, and is responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, installing, or replacing mechanical equipment or mechanical, electrical, and electro-mechanical devices and components. Additionally, the Mechanic will often fabricate any mechanical devices or items which will require shop skills or tools as requested. The successful candidate will communicate continuously with department managers and employees to coordinate mechanical and electrical repairs.
· Perform basic plumbing on machinery and/or equipment.
· Perform preventative maintenance on equipment.
· Weld and use a cutting torch, plasma cutter, cut-off saw, and machine-shop equipment.
· Report conditions encountered that may affect the operation of the equipment.
· Assemble and disassemble equipment.
· Ready equipment for shipment to other locations.
· Read and interpret basic machine diagrams and plant layout drawings.
· Recognize potential mechanical problems, plan a solution for repair, and implement the plan
· Maintain plant fire system.
· Troubleshoot, repair and maintain various manufacturing machinery such as cutting equipment, packaging equipment, ect.
· Ability to read and interpret a tape measure.
Requirements and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-3 years’ experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment preferred
- 2-3 years or specialty or technical training.
- Good communication and advanced math skills.
- Ability to operate a genie boom, scissor lift, and forklift
- Ability to read and interpret a tape measure.
- Must possess a variety of personally owned industrial hand tools.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and occasional Saturdays
NO PHONE CALLS OR AGENCIES, PLEASE
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time