Maintenance Fabricator 1st Shift
Carpenter Co has an immediate opening for a 1st shift Maintenance Fabricator at our Lakeland manufacturing plant. This position reports to the Maintenance Manager, and is responsible for building, designing and engineering improvement to machinery, equipment, delivery systems, support systems, building, to provide essential to the manufacturing of product(s) for internal and external customers and operating to meet optimum efficiency. This position works in a normal production/maintenance environment with exposure to temperature changes. Major challenges of the position include working independently on very involved and complex jobs.
- Must have the ability to understand all equipment in the plant.
- Must be able to interpret and use complicated drawings, using shop math, and handbook formulas.
- Must have the ability to cut and weld steel, braze, solder, fabricate machinery and parts, basic plumbing and electrical skills.
- Must have the ability to be on call and report for work with little prior notice on weekends, holidays, ensuring minimal disruptions to production.
- Must have the ability to recognize mechanical problems with equipment and fine solutions to correct equipment to make it more efficient.
- Must be able to trouble shoot problem quickly and come up with solutions.
- Must have the ability to fabricate any mechanical assembly and install on equipment and make it operational.
- Must be able to operate genie boom, and scissor lift.
- Must be able to work with production and operator to solve issues with the operation and improvement of production equipment.
- Debug and troubleshoot mechanical, and pneumatic systems.
- Pre-check, inspect, relocate, install and/or make major mechanical
- repairs to machinery/equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance, as well as tearing down and rebuilding machinery/equipment.
- Evaluate and report conditions that may be unsafe or affect
- efficient operation of machinery/equipment and building systems.
- Perform various construction and carpentry tasks including cement work, dry-walling, wood work, etc.
- Perform basic machinery/tooling of parts.
- Read pneumatic, plumbing, and other piping diagrams and blueprints; mechanical and construction blueprints; equipment diagrams and manual; etc.
- Interpret and use complicated drawings, advanced shop math, and handbook formulas.
- Effectively communicate with management, co-workers, etc. to ensure production efficiency and foster teamwork.
- Maintain the “Value of Order” in assigned work area.
This position requires three to five years of manufacturing maintenance experience. Some on the job training is available for specialized equipment maintenance
Must be able to read a tape measure. Basic reading, writing, and math skills are required. Must be able to work flexible hours, including overtime. Must have the ability to work with computer systems. Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions. Must be able to fabricate parts out of steel. Must be able to operate a forklift.
No phone calls or agencies please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time