Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Machine Operator on 1st shift at our Allentown, Pa manufacturing plant.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain daily communication with the Plant Manager and other employees in the department to make sure that all products being manufactured will meet the requirements and specifications of the customer. This position is responsible for the operation of machinery that cuts, applies PCM spray coating, and packages foam products.
Additional Responsibilities of the Machine Operator:
- Creates and label all finish product and product that is determined to be stock.
- Uses order listing to determine sizes and amounts to cut.
- Enters dimensions into control panel and sets other machine parameters.
- Verifies proper machine operations and checks output accuracy.
- Wraps and packages product in polyurethane wrap.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree preferred.
- 3 months of manufacturing experience required.
- One year of machine operating experience preferred.
- Must be able to use computerized equipment in day to day operations and have computer knowledge.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. Our employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.