Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for Machine Operator in the Cutting Department on 1st shift [6:30 am to 3:00pm] at our Albert Lea, MN manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for the operation of machinery that cuts foam products. This position will communicate with lead person for direction of material needing to be cut.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain daily communication with Quality Control, Department Manager and other employees in the department to make sure that all products being manufactured will meet the requirements and specifications of the customer. This position will also involve learning the many varieties of mattress manufactured by this department.
Additional Responsibilities of the Machine Operator will include:
- Learn to run machine efficiently.
- Must be able to stand all day, handle large slabs of foam, lift, carry, push, and pull.
- Uses order listing to determine sizes and amounts to cut.
- Learn how to utilize material efficiently.
- Verifies proper machine operations and checks output accuracy.
- Must be able to make machine adjustments when necessary.
- Demonstrates safe working habits and attitude.
- Trains on proper cleaning of equipment and basic preventive maintenance.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree Preferred.
- Basic math skills to allow for figuring out best material usage.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret a tape measure.
- Organizational skills to allow for continuous running of the machine.
- Computer skills for understanding keyboard, mouse, and programs.
- Basic Computer knowledge and ability to use computerized equipment in daily operations preferred.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug tests on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Albert Lea Branch employees average over 15 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
1st Shift Hours: Typically 6:30 am - 3:00 pm
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Status: Full Time