Machine Operator/Forklift Driver
Highest production pay rate at plant after 3 machine certifications!
Carpenter Co. has two immediate openings for Carpet Cushion Advanced Machine Operators on 2nd shift [3:30pm - 11:30pm] at our Elkhart, Indiana foam manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for operating all equipment in the carpet cushion department while meeting production and quality standards for the department.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate both verbally and written with the department and supervisor. This position will also involve moving carpet cushion rolls which will require the safe operation of a forklift for about half of the shift and operating the machines for the other half of the shift.
Additional responsibilities of the Machine Operators/Forklift Drivers will include:
- Visual inspection of assigned machine.
- Watch for defects in the material.
- Plan work flow with lead person or supervisor to ensure proper product is ready for the next production task.
- Perform quality checks.
- Proper operation of assigned machinery.
- Ability to read and interpret a tape measure.
- Minor machinery troubleshooting.
- Load product into trailers
- Check product loaded in correct per customer specficiations
- Scan products to load into the computer shipping system
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree Preferred.
- 1+ years manufacturing experience.
- Machine operator experience required.
- Basic Computer experience required and SAP preferred.
- Must be able to train on 1st shift for about 90 days.
- Forklift Experience preferred.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Highest production pay rate at plant after certification!
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
2nd Shift Hours: Typically 2:00pm- 10:00pm and must be able to train on 1st shift for about 90 days.
Job Status: Full Time