Machine Operator/Forklift - 1st & 2nd Shift
Highest production pay rate at plant after 3 machine certifications!
Carpenter Co. has immediate openings for Machine Operators on 1st shift [typically 5am - 1:30pm] and 2nd shift [typically 1pm - 9pm or earlier] at our Elkhart, Indiana foam manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for operating all equipment in the carpet cushion department and loading finished products while meeting production and quality standards for the department. The pay rate for this position is $17.63 to $21.30 per hour with an additional $2.00 per hour when working 2nd shift hours.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate both verbally and written with the department and supervisor. This position will involve a combination of machine operation and moving carpet cushion rolls which will require the safe operation of a forklift for part of your shift.
Additional responsibilities of this position will include:
- Visual inspection of assigned machine
- Watch for defects in the material
- Plan work flow with lead person or supervisor to ensure proper product is ready for the next production task
- Perform quality checks.
- Proper operation of assigned machinery
- Ability to read and interpret a tape measure
- Minor machinery troubleshooting
- Load product into trailers
- Check product loaded in correct per customer specifications
- Scan products to load into the computer shipping system
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree Preferred.
- 1+ year(s) manufacturing experience.
- Machine operator experience required.
- Basic Computer experience required and SAP preferred.
- Forklift Experience preferred.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Highest production pay rate at plant after certification!
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Pay: $17.63 to $21.30/hour
Additional $1.00 per hour for 2nd shift.
Job Status: Full Time