Machine Operator, Fiber
One of the highest production pay rates in the plant!
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Machine Operator on 2nd shift [1:00pm - 9:00pm] at our Elkhart, Indiana foam manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for operating all equipment in the fiber department while meeting production and quality standards for the department.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate both verbally and written with the department and supervisor. This position will also involves proper set up of materials and equipment to product a product that meets customer specifications and company standards.
Additional responsibilities of the Lead Machine Operator will include:
- Operate the line in accordance with the daily production schedule
- Ability to review the open orders and schedule production if needed; communicate with customer service
- Monitor equipment to prevent downtime while maintaining upkeep.
- Make any necessary adjustments to equipment to ensure optimal efficiency.
- Assist in training new employees.
- Record production information and downtime; enter and/or update recipes.
- Delegate instruction to production operators.
- Conduct quality checks to ensure products are within customer specifications.
- Maintain record of fiber usage for inventory.
- Coordinate upcoming changes with line operators.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree Preferred.
- Two years manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Machine operator experience required.
- Ability to read and interpret a tape measure.
- Strong Mechanical skills.
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Basic Computer experience required and SAP preferred.
- Must be able to train on 1st shift for at least 6 months.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
2nd Shift Hours: Typically 1pm- 9pm must be able to train on 1st shift for at least 6 months.
Job Status: Full Time