Machine Operator, Cut Foam
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Machine Operator on 1st shift [6:00am - 2:00pm] at our Elkhart, Indiana foam manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for operating the assigned equipment in the Cut Foam department while meeting production and quality standards for the department.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate both verbally and written with the department and supervisor. This position will need to work well with other production team members to ensure products are properly processed.
Additional responsibilities of the Machine Operator will include:
- Read daily production reporting and interpret product route slips to ensure product is manufactured to customer specifications.
- Will be responsible to keep the line running continuously and working at a continuous fast pace.
- Will use computer software to enter sizing verifications into a spreadsheet and to complete daily entry requirements.
- Will coordinator machine repairs and preventative maintenance procedures with the Maintenance department
- Will work overtime as production schedule requires.
- Will learn all of the position within the Consumer Department to help out as needed including the machine positions.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree Preferred.
- Two years manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Machine operator experience required.
- Ability to read and interpret a tape measure.
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Basic Computer experience required and SAP preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate a forklift safely and efficiently.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
1st Shift Hours: Typically 6am- 2pm
Job Status: Full Time