Machine Operator 3rd Shift
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a PLC Machine Operator on 3rd shift [10:00pm - 6:00am] at our Elkhart, Indiana foam manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of specific equipment to produce usable foam products used by internal and external customers by using a daily production schedule and product specifications. The hourly pay rate for this position is $20.51 to $22.07.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate both verbally and written with the department manager, quality control, and carpet cushion manager.
Additional responsibilities of this position will include:
- Must follow daily production schedule.
- Must go through the pre-pouring schedule checklist prior to any pouring to be done.
- Must calibrate the equipment and monitor the pouring run.
- Ensures that all supplies are available for the pouring schedule.
- Verifies that the crane is operating properly.
- Maintains accurate pouring logs.
- Assists with preventative maintenance.
- Assists with inventory.
- Submits samples to the quality lab or for customer requests.
- Makes sure the department is clean and orderly.
- Some overtime may be required.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree Preferred.
- Two years manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Machine operator experience required.
- Forklift experience and certification preferred.
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Basic Computer experience required and SAP preferred.
- Must be able to pass an audiometric and pulmonary test on an annual basis.
- Must be able to complete HAZMAT training.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
3rd Shift Hours: Typically 10pm- 6am Monday through Friday
Pay: $18.87 to $20.46/hour
Excellent pay and benefits! Profit Sharing! Growth!
Job Status: Full Time