Machine Operator- Split Shift
Carpenter Co. has immediate openings for Machine Operators on a split shift at our Richmond, VA manufacturing plant. Must have availability to train on 1st shift for up to 3 months and then be able to work split shifts as needed. This position is responsible for operating all equipment in the carpet cushion department while meeting production and quality standards for the department.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be able to communicate with other department Machine Operators, Lead Person, Supervisor, Manager and employees on an ongoing basis.
Responsibilities of this position will include:
- Visual inspection of assigned machine.
- Watch for defects in the material.
- Plan work flow with lead person or supervisor to ensure proper product is ready for the next production task.
- Perform quality checks.
- Proper operation of assigned machinery.
- Ability to read and interpret a tape measure.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree Preferred.
- 1+ year(s) manufacturing experience.
- Machine operator experience required.
- Basic Computer experience required and SAP preferred.
- Forklift Experience preferred.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Job Status: Full Time