Machine Operator - 2nd Shift
Machine Operator - 2nd Shift
One of the highest production pay rates in the plant for Advanced Machine Operators!
Carpenter Co. has immediate openings for Machine Operators on 2nd shift [2:00pm - 10:00pm] at our Elkhart, Indiana foam manufacturing plant in our Polyester Fiber Department. This position is responsible for operating all equipment in the department while meeting production and quality standards. Team members will be cross-trained in line functions and rotated through responsibilities.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate both verbally and written with all department personnel including Lead Operator, Supervisor and Manager. This position will also involve proper set up of materials and equipment to produce fiber pads and rolls that meet customer specifications and company standards.
Responsibilities of the Machine Operator will include:
- Learn to safely and efficiently operate all pieces of production equipment in the Fiber operation.
- Read and understand instructions, labels, and production schedules.
- Communicate effectively and work well with others as part of an efficient manufacturing team.
- Safely and efficiently operate a forklift.
- Accurately use a tape measure.
- Lift and maneuver 50 – 70 pounds.
- Pull raw fiber material to load to bale opener machines.
- Properly label all fiber finished material for future use.
- Conduct quality checks to ensure products are within customer specifications.
- Perform housekeeping on equipment and surrounding work areas.
- Assist with inventory, as needed.
In addition to the above, responsibilities for Advanced Machine Operators will also include:
- Operate the line in accordance with the daily production schedule.
- Ability to review the open orders and schedule production if needed; communicate with customer service.
- Monitor equipment to prevent downtime while maintaining upkeep.
- Make any necessary adjustments to equipment to ensure optimal efficiency.
- Assist in training new employees.
- Record production information and downtime; enter and/or update recipes.
- Delegate instruction to production operators.
- Maintain record of fiber usage for inventory.
- Coordinate upcoming changes with line operators.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree required.
- One to three years of manufacturing experience is preferred; Advanced Machine Operators must have additional experience in operating machinery.
- Ability to read and interpret a tape measure is required.
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Computer experience required, preferably with SAP.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
2nd Shift Hours: Typically 2pm- 10pm after training.
Job Status: Full Time