Leadperson (Pour line Lead Clerk) - 1st Shift - Tupelo, MS
Carpenter Co has an immediate opening for a Pouring Lead person at our Tupelo, MS manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for tracking, receiving, maintaining, and reporting raw material inventories and managing all aspects of pouring station pour log data.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain daily communication with Pouring Department management and personnel, plant management, division accountant, and purchasing clerk.
- Maintains chemical usage reports: daily, weekly and monthly.
- Communicates with corporate accounting regarding chemical inventories and receipts.
- Communicates with department employees regularly concerning chemical unloading and receiving.
- Communicates with local railroad to schedule delivering railcars and releasing empties.
- Responsible for maintaining and reconciling accurate inventories of chemicals and supplies.
- Generates billing for Pouring Station.
- Maintains accurate computer records of daily recipe production
- Acts as chemical liaison between chemical blending and molding dept.
- Ensures accurate billing and inventory control of pre-polymer blend to Rebound department
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree.
- One (1) + years of related clerk experience and/or training.
- One (1) +years of manufacturing experience.
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Must be able to use computerized equipment in day to day operations and have basic computer (Word and Excel) knowledge.
- Must be able to become forklift certified
- Must have basic reading, writing and math skills.
- SAP experience is a plus.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
No phone calls or agencies please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time