Lead Diesel Mechanic
Lead Diesel Mechanic
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a 1stshift Lead Diesel Mechanic at our Riverside, CA manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for assisting the Traffic Manager in directing and guiding all operations in the Truck Shop by using work order data to schedule repair and preventative maintenance of both gasoline and diesel vehicles of Carpenter Co.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be responsible for the timely repair of all tractors, vehicles, and trailers within the Department. This position works in a normal truck shop environment with constant exposure to temperature changes, and uses safety sensitive equipment in the performance of the job.
Additional responsibilities of the Lead Diesel Mechanic will include:
- Assumes the responsibility of leading the Truck Shop in the absence of the Traffic Manager and has the daily responsibility of scheduling work orders for the best result to ensure optimum efficiency.
- Must be forklift certified and have the ability to operate a genie boom and scissor lift.
- Fabricate any mechanical assembly. Install the equipment and make it operational.
- Responsible for the training of all employees in the truck shop.
- Orders parts using the purchase order system.
- Ability to perform diagnostic tests with computers and other testing equipment.
- Coordinates the repair and maintenance of fleet equipment through a daily repair schedule.
- Complete and maintain all documentation properly in accordance with Company and Department of Transportation Policy.
- Knowledgeable in all the Carpenter Co. policies, procedures, safety rules and regulations.
- Assures that the Value of Order in the garage is an everyday standard practice.
- Reports all major mechanical failures that could affect the operation of the Transportation Department.
Skills and Requirements
- 2-3 years of specialized technical/mechanical training.
- 4-6 of diesel mechanic experience
- Must have the ability to repair diesel or gasoline engines and power train.
- Must be Air Brake Certified
- Ability to read and interpret a tape measure
- Basic reading, writing and math skills
- Basic computer knowledge
- CDL preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime
- Must possess a required variety of personally owned hand tools
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time